Monday, November 14, 2011

Invasion Grocery Store

Have you ever noticed that people tend to park on the handicap ramp at Walmart? I feel outraged every time I walk by. But where does the outrage come from? Is it stemming from a social injustice because the handicapped need the ramp to get up and down out of the parking lot? Or is it something more self-centered and sinister? Perhaps I want to park there and my inner nature struggles with the right and wrong of it all. Maybe I want a spot next to the door and it has nothing to do with the considerations for the handicapped. Why must we struggle against our own flesh? My intellect says that is plainly wrong but somewhere in the back of my mind creeps that desire to do it anyway. I have given my life to Jesus but yet I struggle on at times. One day we will be made perfect and not have such struggles. But, alas, until that day, we must fight the inner desires and push upward....

No comments:

Post a Comment